Sweet 'N Spicy Bacon Pecans
Full-flavored bacon bites with an irresistible pecan crunch.
Prep Time: 10 mins.
1 teaspoon of Smoked Paprika
1 teaspoon of Ancho Chile Powder
1 teaspoon of Garlic Salt
1/2 teaspoon of Cayenne
1/2 teaspoon of Mustard Powder
1/4 teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper
4 cups of Pecan Halves
1 pound of Double Smoked Sliced Bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
1/4 cup of Water
1. Combine all spices in small bowl; mix well and set aside.
2. Toast pecans in large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until pecans start to brown and have a toasted aroma; set aside.
3. Cook bacon in same skillet over medium-high heat until crisp; drain. Carefully pour half the bacon grease from pan.
4. Add brown sugar and water to bacon grease. Cook and stir until it comes to a boil; boil 2 to 3 minutes until thick glaze forms. Stir in seasoning blend until well combined.
5. Add toasted pecans and bacon to seasoned glaze. Continue cooking and stirring until pecans and bacon are completely coated with glaze. Cook and stir 1 minute longer.
6. Pour bacon and pecan mixture onto foil to cool. Break apart to serve. Store in airtight container.