Smoked Sausage with Mushroom Leek Gravy
Elevate weeknights with a creamy, mushroom-leek sauce topped over plump, smoked sausage.
Prep Time: 15 mins.
2 tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
8 oz. of Farmland® Smoked Pork Sausage
8 oz. of Baby Portabella Mushrooms, quartered
2 Leeks, green tops removed, halved and diced
2 stalks of Celery, diced
2 Garlic Cloves, sliced
2 tablespoons of Flour
2 cups of Vegetable Stock
1/2 cup of Heavy Cream
1/2 cup of White Cheddar, Shredded
Salt and Pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons of Chives, chopped, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In large sauté pan, heat vegetable oil over high heat. Add smoked sausage and cook until lightly browned. Remove and reserve.
3. To same pan, add portabella mushrooms and cook until browned. Add leeks, celery and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, or until vegetables are softened.
4. Add flour, stirring to combine. Cook for 1 minute.
5. Whisk in vegetable stock and heavy cream. Cook until mixture reaches simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Transfer sausage and gravy to baking dish and top with cheddar, then crumbled biscuit.
7. Bake for 15 minutes or until warmed through and browned. Garnish with chopped chives.