Smashed Fingerling Potatoes with Sausage Gravy
Everything is gravy when crispy potatoes are covered in this rich, hearty sauce.
Prep Time: 15 mins.
6 oz. of Farmland® Original Pork Sausage
1/4 cup of Yellow Onion, minced
2 tablespoons of Unsalted Butter
2 tablespoons of Flour
1/4 cup of Milk
2 cups of Chicken Stock
2 tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
1 pound of Fingerling Potatoes, cooked, smashed slightly
2 teaspoons of Chives, chopped
2 cups of Cheese Curds
1/2 cup of Pickled Peppers
1. In medium sauté pan, cook sausage until rendered and well browned. Remove and reserve.
2. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes, or until translucent.
3. Add butter until melted; then whisk in flour. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
4. Add milk and chicken stock, whisking thoroughly. Add in reserved sausage. Cook over medium heat until thickened. Add more liquid if necessary to thin. Season to taste.
1. Heat vegetable oil over high heat. Add smashed fingerling potatoes and cook until crispy and well browned. Flip potatoes and brown opposite side.
2. Top potatoes with Sausage Gravy and cheese curds. Bake in 375°F oven until warmed through and cheese is melted.
3. Garnish with chives and pickled peppers.