6 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
6 Tbsp. cooking oil, divided
1 box chicken stock or broth
1/2 lb. chicken livers, finely chopped
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
4 cups hot cooked rice
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Chicken: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Season chicken thighs on all sides. Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in large skillet over medium-high flame.
- Sear chicken on all sides and transfer to casserole dish or Dutch oven. Pour chicken stock/broth over and heat over medium heat until liquid boils.
- Cover dish with foil or lid and transfer to oven for about 30 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked and tender.
- Rice: Heat 2 Tbsp. cooking oil in skillet or sauté pan and cook diced ham and chicken livers until brown.
- Add vegetables and sauté until soft. Add rice and stir until combined; season. Fold in parsley leaves right before serving.
- Plating: Drain chicken thighs and pat dry. Heat about 2 Tbsp. cooking oil over medium-high in a high-sided skillet. Place thigh skin-side down in oil and cook until skin has crisped nicely.
- Make bed of rice on each plate and top with one chicken thigh.