Chipotle Bacon Caramel Corn
This sweet and salty snack is great for sharing or kept to yourself!
Prep Time: 30 mins.
3 (16-oz.) package of Hickory Smoked Bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
3 tablespoons of Ground Chipotle Chile Powder
1 cup of Smoked Almonds
1 cup of Cashews
1/2 teaspoon of Baking Soda
1 cup of Unpopped Popcorn
1/4 cup of Vegetable Oil
1 cup of Butter
2 cups of Packed Dark Brown Sugar
1/2 cup of Corn Syrup (light or dark)
1 teaspoon of Salt
1 teaspoon of Vanilla
1. Heat oven to 250°F. Toss bacon pieces and chipotle powder together. Cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp; drain. Combine bacon, nuts and baking soda; set aside.
2. Pop popcorn in oil over high heat, shaking pan frequently. Pour popcorn into large bowl.
3. Melt butter in large saucepan. Stir in sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring frequently. Boil 5 minutes without stirring; remove from heat.
4. Stir bacon mixture into brown sugar mixture along with vanilla. Pour over popcorn; toss until well coated. Spread onto greased baking pans.
5. Bake at 250°F for 45 minutes, stirring well every 15 minutes. Cool on aluminum foil. Store in airtight container.