Candied Bacon Sweet Potatoes
If you need a signature side for your holiday dinner, this is the recipe for you.
Prep Time: 8 mins.
1 (29-oz.) can of Sweet Potatoes in Syrup, drained
3 tablespoons of Butter, divided
1/2 cup of Brown Sugar, divided
10 slices of Fully Cooked Hickory Smoked Bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/3 cup of Pecan Pieces
1. Heat oven to 425ºF. Arrange sweet potatoes in greased 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
2. Combine 2 tablespoons butter and 1/4 cup brown sugar in small saucepan; bring to a boil. Drizzle over sweet potatoes. Bake at 425ºF for 15 minutes on rack in center of oven.
3. Meanwhile, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar, bacon and pecans.
4. Remove sweet potatoes from oven. Set oven to broil leaving rack in center of oven.
5. Sprinkle bacon mixture over top of sweet potatoes. Broil on center rack for 2 to 3 minutes until sugar is bubbly and pecans start to brown.