Butterscotch Pudding with Candied Bacon
Homemade butterscotch pudding with a touch of bourbon is topped with crumbled candied bacon, whipped cream and candied pecans.
Prep Time: 15 mins.
4 oz. of Butter
1 cup of Packed Dark Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon of Coarse Sea Salt
6 tablespoons of Cornstarch
5 cups of Whole Milk
4 Large Eggs
2 tablespoons of Bourbon
1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup of Light Brown Sugar
1 tablespoon of Bourbon
1/4 cup of Maple Syrup
6 slices of Farmland® Bacon
1. Melt butter in medium-sized saucepan. Add dark brown sugar and salt, and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
2. In small bowl, whisk together cornstarch with about ¼ cup milk until smooth; then whisk in eggs.
3. Gradually pour remaining milk into melted brown sugar, whisking constantly; then whisk in cornstarch mixture as well.
4. Return pan to heat, and bring mixture to boil, whisking frequently. Once it begins to bubble, reduce heat to low simmer and continue to cook for 1 minute, whisking nonstop until pudding thickens.
5. Remove from heat and stir in bourbon and vanilla.
6. Pour into individual dishes and chill thoroughly before serving.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line baking sheet with parchment and place wire rack on top.
3. In small saucepot over medium heat, add brown sugar, bourbon and maple syrup. Cook, stirring often, until mixture is thickened.
4. Place bacon slices on rack and brush half of glaze on both sides of bacon. Sprinkle with additional brown sugar if desired.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes, flip and brush bacon with remaining glaze. Cook until crispy and browned.
Top butterscotch puddings with bacon, whipped cream and candied pecans.