Bratwurst Bahn Mi
Give your favorite Farmland Bratwurst a Vietnamese twist with fresh veggies on a toasted roll.
2 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
2 Farmland® Beer Bratwursts
1/2 Fresh Baguette, cut in two, sliced in half horizontally
2 Tablespoons of Hot Sauce Mayo (recipe to follow)
1 Carrot, peeled, julienned
2 Radishes, julienned
1 Small Jalapeño, thinly sliced
1/4 Cup of Fresh Cilantro Leaves
1 Tablespoon of Rice Vinegar
4 Basil Leaves
Hot Sauce Mayo:
1 Cup of Mayonnaise
2 Teaspoons of Hot Sauce
4 Cloves of Garlic, roasted
2 Teaspoons of Fresh Lemon Juice
Salt, to taste
Combine all ingredients but seasoning in small bowl. Season with Salt.
1. Heat vegetable oil in heavy-bottomed sauté pan over medium heat. Add bratwurst and cook on all sides until golden brown and cooked to internal temperature of 145°F.
2. Warm baguettes briefly in 350°F oven or toast on grill.
3. Spread Hot Sauce Mayo on bread halves.
4. Top bottom of sandwich with cooked bratwurst.
5. Combine carrots, radishes, jalapeños, cilantro leaves and rice vinegar. Toss and place on top of sausages.
6. Cover with top of baguette.