Biscuit Bread Pudding with Sausage and Mushroom Custard
1 lb. of Farmland® Original Pork Sausage Roll
1 yellow onion, diced
2 cups of sliced mushrooms
6 cooked biscuits, preferably leftover, torn into large pieces
1 1/2 cups of white Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup of chopped fresh parsley
Salt and pepper, to taste
6 large eggs
1 1/2 cups of half-and-half
1 teaspoon of butter
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with butter.
2. In large sauté pan, over medium-high heat, add sausage and cook, stirring often until browned and almost cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove, leaving 1 tbsp. of fat in pan, and reserve.
3. Add onions and mushrooms and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool slightly.
4. In large mixing bowl, combine reserved sausage, mushroom/onion mixture, biscuits, cheese and parsley. Toss to combine and season.
5. In separate bowl, whisk together eggs and half-and-half.
6. Pour egg mixture over bread mixture and stir to combine.
7. Place in baking dish and allow to set for 10 minutes at room temperature to allow biscuit to absorb liquid and soften.
8. Place in preheated oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown and warmed through.