Apple-Bacon Coffee Cake with Brown Butter Streusel
9 tablespoons of unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
3/4 cup of chopped pecans
3/4 cup of packed golden brown sugar
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 1/2 cups of white sugar
1/2 cup of butter, melted
1 cup of sour cream
1/2 cup of milk
3 eggs, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely diced
8 slices of Farmland® Classic Cut Bacon, cooked, roughly chopped
Brown Butter Streusel:
1. Cook butter in medium saucepan over medium heat until melted. Once melted, stir often until butter begins to brown and smell nutty, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add in pecans, sugar, cinnamon and flour. Cool and reserve.
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and sugar in large bowl.
3. Stir in melted butter, sour cream, milk, eggs, vanilla and apples until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
4. Sprinkle bacon on top of batter, followed by streusel.
5. Place pan in oven and bake for 30-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.